Thursday, October 21, 2010

Leaving on a jet car

Tonight is the last night at home for two weeks. Today was one of those days packed tight as a suitcase for an international flight. The dryer that was delivered last week, the one that the technician said he'd never seen one like and couldn't fix, was picked up. I paid JJ to clean the house and apartment--I, who never pay for cleaning service. My house sparkles, the apartment smells like cleaning stuff. I had my hair done, product applied, my toes and fingers painted as close to autumn orange as I could find in a bottle. And the highlight of the day was writing group, always is! I will pack my underwear and iPod and jewelry and clothes, hoping to run into cooler weather along the way, hoping to be overwhelmed, as I always am, by the colors of true autumn, wishing I could take you all with me.

When I came inside, my Buddha APP (can you believe there's an app for that?) told me this: Three things cannot hide for long: the sun, the moon, and the truth.

How wonderful it is to have friends who tell their truths and make mine bigger! I love you all!


2 comments:

Kathi said...

We are so lucky to have YOU! Travel safely, have a blast, and know that we are riding along, soaking up those autumn colors with you. BIG love!

Mercedes said...

Thanks for the parting gift of your blog entry. Have a great trip.