Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hands

Hold my hand
while I hand you my heart
It is the most sacred gift I have
Other than my trust
There, now my heart is in your hands
Hold it carefully

While I keep my life to myself
I will share it with you and let you
Hold portions of it in your hands
Here is a precious piece
Hold it carefully

As we explore our future together
We are as one
And yet remain two
Our four hands work in unison
To link our lives and
Hold us together carefully

Our two hearts and minds
Remain our own as they merge
To form our life in concert
As we move through the day we each
Hold the other’s heart in our soul
We hold it carefully

My hand gives as yours takes
then we reverse
your hand gives to me
I reach out to receive
We hold the other’s offering carefully

Though we are united, we are still separate
The touch of our hands binds us
We hold our hopes like a bowl of fruit
That must be treated tenderly and eaten mindfully
So that it does not spoil
We hold it carefully

No comments: