Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Cast of Characters

Please help cast the inevitable screen version of our combined blog, From Detox to Retox.  So far, I'm seeing:
  • Rone':  Meryl Streep (Rone' called dibs on Meryl, but Angelica Huston remains a possibility)
  • Janet:  Sharon Stone
  • Kara:  Jennifer Garner
  • Lea:  Lauren Hutton
  • Linda:  Jean Smart
  • Melissa: Scarlett Johanssen
  • Kathi:  Mary Louise Parker
  • Deb:  Glenn Close
and featuring a special appearance by Renee Zellweger as Denise

 
Please speak up if there is an obvious mis-casting or missed opportunity -- and think red carpet!!!!

 

 

5 comments:

Kathi said...

That's perfect! I laughed about me being played by Mary Louise Parker- Weeds has got to be one of the worst shows on TV- my husband watched it, and I kept wishing someone would just blow her ass up!! (that is MLP, isn't it?)

Rone' said...

Fabulous cast!! I am adamant about Meryl, I DO NOT want Angelica, thanks anyway!!! What about Charlize Theron for you Janet, in case Sharon isn't available, hmmmm

JanEO said...

We still need the perfect Mary Beth, aka Mary Mary, ideas? We also need to re-think Mary Louise Parker for Kathi, and give Angelica Huston the ax for Rone' (nothing against Angelica, but she's no Rone') Okay, I'll settle for Charlize Theron if Sharon Stone isn't available ... but Charlize better start taking better care of herself if she's playing me ...

We're also still a bit up in the air for Linda -- Queen Latifah is a great option, and Jean Smart would be good except that Linda doesn't know who she is, which takes some of the fun out of it... so does anything think that Helen Mirren could do a southern accent that would do Linda justice?

Help!

Kathi said...

I'm ok with Mary Louise- she's hot, and I want to be hot! Sandra Bullock is another possibility -the dark haired version...:) My daughter tells me I look like - oh crap, I forget...I'll have to ask her... And I say Queen Latifa would make a perfect Linda- the super-sized version, but Linda does have a super-sized personality, so it's all good. Mary Mary- hmmm- how about Angelina Jolie? :) OR her arch-rival, Jennifer Aniston?

longwing said...

this is hilarious! kinda like scarlett...although she certainly has better lips than me (as well as other things, I'm sure but who cares).

i love helen mirren for linda. they are both so beautiful and full of life.