Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I've Got It!!

I've got it! It came to me last night, and now I need everyone to get on board and boost me with encouragement. Here it is: you know how everyone's making a fortune cooking their way through julia, or living their year according to oprah? Well, I'm going to drink my way through the "Bartender's Guide", and here's the best part, WHILE I go vegan -- and blog about it!!! I'm thinking of calling it "From Detox to Retox" --do you just love it??? Come on everybody -- cheers! (get it?)

It'll be one part "Drunk on the Information Highway", and two parts "Eat, Drink, Pass Out", with a twist. (get it again?) It will be full of mixed metaphors! (get it yet again?) This is too much fun already. Should I organize it alphabetically, and start with an Apple Martini? Or regionally, and start with local Tito's vodka out of Austin? I figure I'll write about the drinks before, during and after consumption, and I'll be so "sensitive" (read: weak) from the vegan diet that the alcohol will have full effect. You know, shaken AND stirred. Oh my god. This is so good I'll never have to work again. I'll share all the spoils (I mean spills) with all of you!

Whaddya think? Hmmmm.....????

9 comments:

Rone' Prinz said...

hahahah.... I can't wait to follow this blog, maybe you could even make a movie about it!!

JanEO said...

yes!! but who will play me? Sharon Stone? Annette Bening? Angelica Huston should play you, and Jennifer Garner is an obvious Kara. Whooooo's mixing?

Kathi said...

It's brilliant, Jan! Can't wait to share in the spills! I think Sharon Stone is the obvious choice... :)

Rone' Prinz said...

Sharon Stone for you but I would like Meryl Streep for me, please!! let the drinks begin, you could start with absinthe if you were to go alphabetically....hmmm

debdeb said...

Actually, this idea has merit. I'm serious. Really.

Lindalinda said...

Good idea, Janet! Will you let me know when you get to tequila sunrise--so I can come and help with the consumption? Do the players in "From Detox to Retox" need to have Botox? Or do we just come as we are?

Rone' Prinz said...

me too!! who is mixing BTW???

Anonymous said...

From Julia to julep - you can write about all of it!!!

Linda said...

Okay--I think I got in...

This is just a test. Now I have to figure out how to enter my writing on the blog....