Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Actually, Sarah

Actually, Sarah, now that you mention it I have not had enough of that “hopey changey thing” .
As you so shrewdly point out, it hasn’t really worked very well.
But then, has anyone really tried?
No, of course not. That would take courage, foresight, analysis and way too much time. All those icky skills and attributes that elite liberals value. Who needs that when all of our quick fixes have worked out so well for us?

Actually Sarah, it is my bet that you are the same mean girl that you were in third grade.
I recognize you.
You are the girl who made fun of retards and nerds who were so hopelessly unhip.
Next to your coolness and clever tongue
Who had a chance?
You knew then and still believe everyone wants to be like you. Geeky smart kids needed to be put in their place and laughed at.
Now you are all grown up and still relying on your cheap tricks.
You continue to confuse cleverness with intelligence.
You’ve joined the trend of people who prefer to spout rather than think.
Your game is quick and easy. Loose and fast. Shoot from the hip. You couldn’t care less.
Do you even know about the tortoise and the hare?
Or the quick nickel and the slow dime?
No doubt you’ll get rich.
In money anyway.
I also have no doubt that you are bankrupt in every other way and your deficiencies will only grow
Because
Of course
Only a dope would strive for change and hope.


Actually, Sarah, your anything for a buck and a yuk at someone else’s expense
Is why we are all teetering on the edge of the opposite of hope and change.
The world is a stage but it is not a glee club stage.
How long do you think you can get away with your contrived act?
How big does your bank account have to be before you go away?
Actually, Sarah, your insipid, perky, giggling mean streak is not nearly
Hopey or changey enough for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y02iZcTjHo

4 comments:

Kathi said...

Oh, Deb- I know that girl! I guess most of us have a "Sarah" in our lives, but you captured her perfectly. Great stuff!

And I had to laugh because my "word verification" was "progasm," which is better than a "congasm" any day! :)

debdeb said...

Ever since I saw that speech at the tea party convention it's been rolling around in my head and I just, finally, had to rant. My life has been built on hope and change. To have some bimbo scoff at two basic principles of my life just galls me. Also, it's so ironic that the religious right that follows her and the other bullies buys into this absurdity. Isn't religion all about hope and change? Honestly. Dumb and dummber are taking over. oops. I'm ranting again.

Kathi said...

I missed the speech- can hardly stand to hear her voice. I am constantly amazed by the folks who think she's so great. What is up with that? Speaking of morons, we have the Texas Board of Education- I wrote a letter to the editor that should be published sometime this week...

longwing said...

some damn fine writing, my friend. i'm all about the hope and change.