Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Things to Do When Your Toyota is Accelerating at 100 miles per hour

1. Check your hair in the mirror, so you look good on the evening news.

2. Open the glove compartment and try to find the Owner's Manual.

3. Swear a little, and rummage under the passenger seat for the Owner's Manual.

4. Call your insurance agent and tell him the check is in the mail.

5. Call your insurance agent back and ask him for the number for Toyota Customer Service.

6. Climb under the steering wheel and try to press the brake pedal with your hands.

7. Notice the sunglasses you thought were lost under the seat.

8. Put sunglasses on and check mirror again.

9. Finish lukewarm latte in cup holder.

10. Get the driver of the 18 wheeler you just passed to blow his horn by making one of those woo-woo gestures.

11. Relax because you know your gas tank is empty as usual.

5 comments:

debdeb said...

You crack me up!

JanEO said...

thanks for that -- I really needed a laugh!

Kathi said...

Very funny! You know, I've been thinking a lot about what I would do because I have a Prius - it has not been recalled, but I've decided if I can't stop it when it begins to go wild, that I will find a body of water and "dive" into it while rolling down the window frantically so I can escape once it begins to fill up with water...I've actually started having dreams of "Car Gone Wild." Thank you, Mercedes, for all of the great new ideas... :)

Mercedes said...

When you hear these stories on the news, the people always seem to have plenty of time to do all kinds of things -- re the Prius, i heard a funny comment from a friend: A Prius can go 100 miles per hour?

Kathi said...

Haha! A lot of people think the Prius is the snail of the automobiles- I guess because they also think you have to plug it in every night. It has been clocked at over 100 mph...