Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cool news!

Hey Y'all,

I got an email yesterday from Chicken Soup for the Soul, telling me that I'm one of the 5 % of finalists for their September Miracles edition. I had written the story of the time my family was stranded in a flood downtown probably 6 or 8 months ago and submitted it just for grins. I'd forgotten all about it until now. Anyway, there's one more round before the publisher chooses the entries, but if they choose mine, they actually will pay me for it AND send me 10 free books. I've had a few other things published, but I don't think I've ever been paid for anything...whoohoo! I wanted to share with my writing sisters because it's you who make me a better writer- THANK YOU! And I love you!

8 comments:

debdeb said...

You totally rock! I'm so excited for you! We'll have to have a publishing party or a book signing or something with a cake with your face on it. Thrilling news! Mazel tov!

JanEO said...

Way to go Kathi - you're our winner! Maybe you'll taste your first champagne?!?!

Lea said...

I left a comment early today, but who knows where it went. One day all my cyber missteps will connect and create more ash than the volcano.
Anyway, to something important. I love this news Kathi. Waiting with you to hear your story in published.
Exciting!

KARA said...

Yay! This is so exciting and I can't wait to hear what comes of it.

Mercedes said...

can you share the story that made you famous?

And congatulations!

Kathi said...

Thanks, everyone! I'll be glad to share- I think most of you probably heard the story before, but I'll bring it next time...cake, champagne- sounds like fun- though I'm not so sure about my face being on the cake, Deb- unless they make me look like what's her name from Weeds...or like one of you beautiful people- y'all make me laugh, and are the best ever!

Linda said...

I'd say this is HOT news, Kathi!
Aren't you so glad you've taken the step and retired and can follow this--and other--publication leads? This is GREAT news. I'll make the celebration cake if someone will decorate it with Kathi's face on top....

This blog, Day's, and Janet's--are like actual geographical places to go in the middle of the night when sleep eludes me--and I'm so thankful to you for introducing me to this whole new blog thing.

longwing said...

Awesome!!! I think I've heard the story before! So happy for you!