Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My narrative isn't working

so this is what I have to contribute this week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don’t want no shiva
I don’t want no funeral
I don’t want no memorial
I don’t want no casket
Fancy or plain or wood
Just burn me
And blow what’s left
To the winds
And
Walk away
I ain’t comin back

So don’t play no music
Neither
Don’t sing no songs
Or read that poetry
I don’t want no wailin’ and cryin’
Don’t cover the mirrors
Just go on as usual
And
Don’t look back
I be gone
And
That’s
All

Ease up on sorrow and grief
Don’t be bothered with regrets
Or
Guilt
It was what it was
We were who we were
That’s all
I’m gone
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

War of words
War on poverty
Drug war
War on terror
World war
War on illiteracy
War on science
War on the middle class
War on Christmas
War games
War movies
War on violence?
What does our country love more
War
Or the word war?

2 comments:

JanEO said...

holy smokes deb, i was gonna write some words about my sidecar, but suddenly I sobered up -- maybe your narrative isn't working, but everything else sure is

Kathi said...

Don't want no writers' group without Deb and Janet, Melissa, Kara, Mercedes, Lea, Linda, and Mary Beth! Can't wait to see y'all and hear more of your fabulous writing. I'm in a slump right now...writing-wise.