Monday, May 3, 2010

A Comment disguised as a blog

Hey Linda
Please don't call me at 3:00 am in the morning. Take heart, though, that there are other spectres out there, pacing the floor, lighting dim lights. I can't imagine slamming a door at that hour, unless police and weapons were involved. I'm not sure that I would trust what I would write; hobgoblins live there; future ,past, and present merge. There is a Spanish word I love, which means the hour just before the dawn: La Madrugada. Given your present situation, the calm space before the working day begins must be very special to you.

3 comments:

Linda said...

HI Mercedes!

I won't call you at three, I promise. But it's good to know that there are others who are awake in the middle of nights. You want to ride with me Thursday night to Linda K's?

Mercedes said...

I'm sorry I told you not to call in the middle of the night. It's not because I don't consider myself your good friend, it's just that experience has taught me that those calls are usually bad news or emergencies.

JanEO said...

To Mercedes: I know what you mean -- it's always scary to hear the phone ring in the dark of night.

To all: call me anytime in the middle of the night to chat -- how nice it would be for the dark of night phone call to be for nothing other than a chat!